Accessible home & demonstration centre
Easy living now and in the future
Anyone can visit the EASIE Living accessible home designed for older people and disabled people. You’re sure to find something that can make life easier for you, or someone you care for.
- Open Monday to Friday
- Free admission
- No appointment needed
- Guided tours offered
- OT assessments welcome.
What can I see and do at the EASIE Living Centre?
Our show home has a kitchen, living room, study, bathroom, a double bedroom and a child’s bedroom.
Experience the accessible layout, with reaching spaces, turning circles and wide doorways for easy access. And try out any of the display equipment to see if it might work in your home.
- See benches and cabinets that go up and down at the push of a button.
- Try out a remote controlled bed. It’s got all the functions of a hospital bed without looking like one.
- Trial transfer and lifting equipment. For example, hoisting between bed and wheelchair, or wheelchair and commode.
- Have a ride in a stair chair.
- Sit in a lift-out chair or go for a spin on a mobility scooter.
- Ask to see our epilepsy seizure monitor that alerts caregivers when a person has a seizure.
- Check out our personal alarms, to help you keep safe at home.
- See our range of portable ramps for easy access.
Guided tours and group visits
We offer guided tours for individuals, families, community groups, disability groups and health professionals.
Health professionals are welcome to bring in their clients when assessing options for home modifications or equipment.
To make sure the space is available, we recommend you make a booking. We can also provide tea and coffee for a small fee per person.
Can I buy the products I see?
We sell a large range of products in our retail centre.
Or we’ll refer you to our supplier. They can give you a quote and personalise the equipment for your home.
Can’t get to the EASIE Living Centre?
Let us bring EASIE Living to you!