Centre for the wider community
The EASIE Living & Demonstration Centre in Palmerston North is a hub for our local and regional health and disability sector. Find out about the types of events we facilitate and host.
Health and disability-related events
We hold a variety of events throughout the year:
Health and disability awareness days
Each year we do something to mark these important days:
- International Day of the Older Person (1 October)
- International Day of the Disabled Person (3 December).
If you’d like to hold your organisation’s awareness day here, talk to us.
Information-sharing sessions for disabled people and families
Topics include sexuality, informed choices, and advocacy.
For example, client rights and advocacy (Health and Disability Commissioners).
Demonstrations of equipment and products
For example, new or upgraded wheelchairs, incontinence products.
Looking for disability equipment training facilities?
Agencies are able to hire our facilities and use our demonstration equipment for training. For example, for manual hoist training, use of hi-low beds.
These agencies include:
- providers of home based healthcare and support
- private training organisations.
Enable New Zealand professional advisors also hold training sessions here for EMS assessors.
Need a place to meet?
We’re privileged to host a variety of groups and organisations in our conference room. For example:
- Disability Support System (DSS) Transformation - Regional Leadership Group
- MidCentral Transformation – Disabled Persons Forums
- Palmerston North Age-Friendly City Steering Committee
- MidCentral DHB
- Central Primary Health Organisation (PHO)
- New Zealand Federation of Disability Centres.
Others include: CCS Disability Action, Te Tihi, Manawatu Deaf Golden Group, Manawanui, Enabling Good Lives, and many others.
Want more information?
We’d be delighted to talk to you about hosting your next meeting, awareness day, event or training session.